Nausea is a reaction of the body when we experience sickness from certain kinds of motion such as when riding in the back seat of a car, or on a boat or plane. After a night of heavy drinking we might feel nausea. Illness can sometimes make use nauseous such as when we have the flu. When we eat something that is spoiled or has some bacteria it may cause food poisoning which can cause nausea and vomiting.
Since what goes down sometimes must come up, try these home remedies for nausea!
- Ginger has been used for thousands of years to quell stomach discomfort. Grate a quarter inch chunk of ginger and steep in hot water for 10 minutes. Strain and add some nutmeg and drink. Enjoy a couple ginger snaps with this tea and you`ll be feeling better in no time. This is one of the best home remedies for nausea you`re likely to find.
- If your upset stomach is from a hangover, try some miso soup. Miso is fermented soy paste and can be found in health food stores and Asian and International markets. It is an ancient remedy used for hangover and alcohol abuse. It cleans the body of harmful substances, replaces lost electrolytes from your night of over drinking and protects the liver. Grate some ginger and put in the soup for added relief.
- Peppermint herb tea often works great. Add a half to a whole teaspoon of honey and you have a great natural remedy for nausea. This remedy also helps you feel more calm which is useful at this time.
- Devil’s tongue jelly is called Konnyaku in Japanese. For nausea, warm this jelly and wrap it in a thin cotton cloth. While the jelly is still warm place it on the stomach and lay still on your back with your head tilted up, for 10 – 20 minutes. It will soothe the upset stomach.
- Acupressure. Lift your left arm with palm facing up. Take your first 3 fingers to measure from the first crease where the wrist bends back to the third finger, (close to where you would take a pulse, but more in the middle of the wrist). At that pressure point take your thumb and firmly press. Apply pressure with your thumb while deep breathing for one to two minutes. Then do the other arm. One of the surprising but useful home remedies for nausea.
The author is not a Doctor and has no medical training. Always consult your health care professional before using these or any home remedies or natural cures.