If you have ever suddenly come down with a toothache on the weekend and had to wait to see the dentist on Monday you know it is no pleasant matter. Many of the solutions at your supermarket or drug store just don`t bring effective relieve. If you are looking for so naturals cures the following have worked great for many people.
Home Remedies for toothache
- Acupressure remedies for toothache Try some acupressure. In between your thumb and your forefinger is some web like flesh. Apply pressure to the back of the hand in this area near the bone at the base of the forefinger, but still in the web like fleshy area between the thumb and forefinger. Apply pressure with thumb from the opposite hand for 1 minute. If only doing one hand you should do the one on the same side of the toothache. Or you can do both hands. Another way is to place ice on this area. As unusual as this sounds using pressure and ice in this area of the hand has been used successfully for temporary toothache relief many times.
- Minerals are helpful home remedies for toothache. At the first signs of a toothache start eating foods high in and supplementing calcium and magnesium. These help ease the nerves of your teeth and gums. Take 400 milligrams of calcium and 250 milligrams of magnesium.
- Herbal home remedies for toothache. To help prevent there being a next time try this natural rinse for teeth and gums. Mix 1 cup of warm water, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon of Goldenseal powder, and 2 drops of tea tree oil and rinse mouth twice daily.
- Home made paste for toothache. Mix equal amounts of baking soda and sea salt along with 4 drops of tea tree oil. Fresh squeeze a quarter lemon and add the lemon juice. Then add just enough warm water to make a creamy paste.
- Urine Therapy. For those with more adventure who want to try some of the truly ancient remedies for tooth care try urine therapy. Following number nine, but instead, leave off the salt and lemon and replace with ones own fresh urine.
- The Power of the Mind. Use meditation to reach a deep state of calm and the power of self talk as one of your home remedies for toothache. It works, try it.
The author is not a Doctor and has no medical training. Always consult your health care professional before using these or any home remedies or natural cures.